IML: 73 won't start..

After changing the plug wires(and alternator) and trying and trying to start it, I found out that the wires were installed wrong at the distributor....After patiently reinstalling the wires the correct way, it still won't start. I read in the OIC repair about this situation, and wonder if the timing has to be reset, or if the plugs are fouled..(they were changed last week, except for #7..thanks

Jerry