Re: IML: Imperial design

There aren't any frontal or rear shots because it's not a "car," it's a computer drawing. I can appreciate the work that went into it.....but, I don't like it. I think the rear overhang looks ridiculous. The cab forward thing with the wheels pushed out the edges has a purpose, long wheelbase helps ride, and for whatever size car you have you will have a nicer ride. The only trade-off is a worse turning circle. In the US that isn't a problem. Most of the list is responding "that's an Imperial!" but when I look at it all I can see is a 1990's era Buick Roadmaster. A car I did not particularly care for and more importantly to DCX, sold poorly to a VERY old average buyer. Not something car makers strive for. Finally, it seems counterproductive to have pronounced wheel arches to accentuate the wheels and then stick skirts on to hide them. The contradicting cues look silly to me. I think the designer started with a 300 and stretched and molded it. You may not like the new Imperial concept, I'm no fan of that either, but it caused a little stir. At a show this car wouldn't draw a second glance except for its (probably) huge size.

Rob

From: "A. Foster" <monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial design
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 20:51:19 -0700

Hi All;
It's too bad there aren't any frontal or rear shots of this car, all things aside they have the proportions just about right. The tail end has a little too much overhang even by 70's car standards but compared to the Rolls clone bar of soap car that hit the cars shows it's a knock out. Speaking of the car show Imperial, everyone that I have run into that has seen pictures of it thinks that it's ugly, and none of them have owned an Imperial or know much about their history.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts.