Re: IML: trunk light 1956

This is how older thermostats work if you need a replacement.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave
Subject: Re: IML: trunk light 1956
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:40:42 -0700

A small amount of mercury in a closed tube with 2 metal contacts in one end. The switch is attached to the truck lid. When the lid is closed, the mercury is at the opposite end of the tube, not making contact with the electrical contacts. When the lid is opened, the mercury slides to the other end, connecting the 2 contacts (It is conductive) closing the circuit and turning the light on.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how
was the play?"

Dave <(^¿^)>