Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: IML: '75 Imperial and '76 New Yorker Brougham; was New Imperial Opinions Labor of Love?

"weren't they all were LeBarons by then?" (1975 that is)

No.  The 4 door was a LeBaron and the 2 door was a Crown Coupe.  I may be
corrected because I do think the full name of the 2 door was Imperial
LeBaron Crown Coupe.  Regardless, the 4 door was never referred to as a
Crown anything, just the 2 door.

----- Original Message ----- From: <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: IML: '75 Imperial and '76 New Yorker Brougham; was New Imperial
Opinions Labor of Love?

At that time, I was attempting to trade my '65 Crown Four Door for a better
'64 Crown Four Door that was on the lot at our downtown
Plymouth-Chrysler-Imperial dealer. It didn't work out, but the salesman that
I was negotiating with received a phone call from an irrate lady customer
who had regularly bought a new Imperial every few years from him. She
supposedly had a new 1976 car on order, and discovered that there wasn't
going to be a 1976 Imperial. I remember him arguing with her about the fact
that she was still going to get her new car, and that even though it was
going to be a Chrysler New Yorker, it was identical to the car that she
originally had planned to buy. I don't recall him ever saying to her that
she was going to save $2,314 on the sale.

I am curious if most of this price difference was due to items being
optional on the Chrysler that were standard on the Imperial. A 1975 Imperial
LeBaron (weren't they all were LeBarons by then?) would have been a loaded
car, while a base model NYB may not have been unless the same items were
ordered as optional equipment. Just curious.

Paul W.