IML: Torqueflite Intro (was 56 Belt Drives)

IML: Torqueflite Intro (was 56 Belt Drives)

Gary,

Somewhere, quite possibly on the OIC website, I've seen info that indicated that the Torqueflite was a rolling introduction begun 2/16/56 with the most senior cars first in line. My car was built 2/21/56 and left the factory 2/24/56 according to Chrysler Historical so it was within the first week of this change. Total Imperial production for the year was 10,628 including all body styles. If we assume - always a dangerous thing - that production was even throughout the production year which runs from roughly August through June, then Chrysler was building around 225 Imperials per week. Mine is serial number C567616, a series that I think was just for Imperials so the change would have been somewhere between C567380 and C567420, most likely. I'm not sure if this is something that Chrysler Historical could confirm or not.

Jeff
56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ