Re: IML: (no subject)

That "fitting" should have a rubber hose on it, running up into the frame, or up high on the car, with a one-way valve that lets it vent to the atmosphere, but closes to prevent water etc. from entering.  The one-way valve goes in the other end of the hose, i.e., the one not connected to the axle.

If you had a hose, you probalby would not be losing fluid, unless of course it's overheating and something's wrong.

WITHOUT a hose, it's probably simply operating normally and slinging oil off the spinning axle out the hole/orifice.

If you have another car with an axle, you can check out the location and approximate that with a piece of fuel line and I bet you'll be fine.

--Brooks in Dallas