Re: IML: Paint Colors on 1958

 I don't know why the colours are so different
> online.

HP is still working on a scanner that will accurately
translate mettalic finishes at this point, so please
account for that when you borrow one from the website.

Print out what we do have (in color) and take it with
you to the paint place to compare against whatever
comes out of the machine.  At least you know if you're
anywhere close...

Moving to "actual reality" and away from "virtual
reality" - just walk outside with a real paint-chip
chart in your hand and you will instantly change the
appearance of the real thing due to the color and
wavelength of the light it is viewed under, so the
chip charts exist on the website more for the color
codes and an indication of what you'll get, not the
last word in virtual-reality color simulation.

Otherwise:
==========
Try going to the paint store without a paint code or
the official name of the color and just see what
happens!

An Imperial?
What's that?
Our books only go back to 1982.
Huh?
How about these generic books with Porsche colors?
There's bound to be something close in them - just
pick one out and we'll mix it for you.... no refunds
on custom mixes, by the way.
They dry a different color than they go on, so don't
worry - it will fade to match in a little while.

No - take the code and find someone that understands
what it means and can do something with it.  Not all
paint suppliers are equal, so shop carefully.