Re: IML: Paint Colours on 1958

Hi Chris,
I have a '57 and '58 and I wouldn't give too much creedence to those paint chip charts.
On the '57 I have, the original paint on the car is almost a burgundy candy apple red highly metallic colour, (see Jay D'Angelo's '64 in "Imperials by year") and then look at the '57 paint chip chart for "Deep Ruby Metallic" and you will see what I mean........on the paint chip chart it shows the colour as an almost dull black cherry colour with no hint of metallic at all  ....... and the same with my '58....... the colour on the paint chip chart and the paint on the actual car are two completely different shades of green. So I would try to find some other cars your same year to compare the paint. I don't know why the colours are so different online.
-Mike in Oregon