IML: Imperials on ebay

I would like to add to the discussion of the 53 and 54 cars on ebay. I think the silver 53 is a late production cars, as it has a Powerflite; I only see a brake pedal. As Paul said, the seats have been redone; I wonder about the carpet. It does look like a very nice car. There was a beige 54 on ebay with factory air several weeks ago. It went to something like $4600 on its first listing and did not sell. It was re listed twice with a beginning bid of $6300 and never got a bid. The car looked fairly good, and correct; I had expected it might get at least a bid for the $6300. There was also a very nice 53 Imperial in a dark plum on twice over a several month period. This car did have the Fluid Torque transmission that I think was standard in early 53. Again a very nice looking vehicle, a starting bid of $7500 and no bites during the auction. There was what looked to be a clean solid 54 NY Deluxe, so it had the same running gear as an Imperial from Texas in late May. It was listed once, and sold for something like $4600 as I recall. So I would guess that a nice 53 to 54 Imperial would be worth around $5000? I know several folks that speak highly of these cars as driver's cars from this era. Was not the NY Deluxe and Imperial in 54 the most powerful car that year?