IML: re: Weighing the Lady

<SNIP>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom H <tom_in_a2@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: re: Weighing the Lady (Lucille, that is)
Well, Kate, this won't make you feel better, but here
in Michigan we moved away from a weight-based license
fee to one that is based on the original sales price
(if I remember correctly) and the tab for my '94 Buick
Park Ave. is about $109 per year. Sort of like paying
sales tax every year on the same car :( At least,
it's deductible on my federal tax return.

By the way I'm still more-or-less a Democrat, and
still more-or-less alive LOL!

It is surprising that the actual road weight of a car
is so much higher than what is specified in catalogs
and reference works?<SNIP>
*************************
Oh man yeah! I figure it must be partly road dirt on that
 vast undercarriage - maybe the large amount of fuel needed
to fill the tank; maybe just accumulated car wax :)))

BTW, Tom - I'm born a Democrat - that party left ME, not the
other way around! my state is just particularly corrupt,
regardless of affilitation, they are all dirtball professiona;
politicians..... lowest form of life. They do not rise to the
level of a good Imperialist! buncha beemer drivers...Humph.....

CHeers!
Kate

Kate Justet Triplett
Homesick Angels LLC