Re: IML: Fan concerns pt. 2 / '66

I've posted this before, but if you have NO coolant, the idiot gauge won't light. This is what killed my '83. The heater hose cut and all the coolant leaked out. I didn't have any indication until the car started misbehaving. Too late... Just an FYI. I'm sure if there were a gauge it would have showed some changes in temp.

Rob

From: "Klebert L. Hall" <swampyankee@xxxxxxx>

My sympathies on your temp gauge problem - inaccurate engine temp indicators are one of my personal nightmares, I once baked a Buick to death because it 'seemed' to be running hot, but the gauge and light weren't working correctly, and it never boiled over. Hopefully it's something relatively easy on your car, like a sending unit.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT