From: creesto@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 4:40 AM
Subject: IML: RESPONSES Fan concerns Pt 2, my '66 Coupe

David--     Hmmm. Rad cap could need replaced I guess. I also just remembered that when I bought the new rad hoses from NAPA and installed them, the both the ones I removed from the Coupe had coils inside to prevent collapse. However, only the top hose from NAPA had a coil. Could this be the problem?

Brooks--     Funny you ask about my shroud. A chunk of it at the top and bottom broke when I hoisted the engine (a P.O. had tried to fix cracks with rivets; that's where it broke) but I still have 2/3 of a shroud.

Anyone else got a idea?  thanks to all

From: David Whitney <hazegreen66@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: IML: Fan concerns Pt 2, my '66 Coupe

Chris, I know this sounds like a DUH!, but check to be sure your radiator cap is providing a good seal.  The symptom you described could just as easily be due to failure to pressurize the system, which allows the coolant to boil (and expand!) at normal atmospheric pressure temperature -- 212 degrees.

Happy motoring,
David

--
Chris Lynch
Feinex Design House

"About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs."  --Manolo Blahnik