Re: IML: RESPONSES Fan concerns Pt 2, my '66 Coupe

Re: IML: RESPONSES Fan concerns Pt 2, my '66 Coupe

I just went through the same experience with NAPA.  I use these guys all the time, so I trust them.  The replacement hoses I bought for my 383 had no interior coils, and the counter guy assured me that the new hoses do not collapse and that the only thing I'll get from having a coil is inevitable rust.  Since collapsing hoses is what I was trying to cure and I have had no trouble since, I think NAPA is correct on that count.

Happy motoring,

David

Creesto4 Lynch <creesto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David--     Hmmm. Rad cap could need replaced I guess. I also just remembered that when I bought the new rad hoses from NAPA and installed them, the both the ones I removed from the Coupe had coils inside to prevent collapse. However, only the top hose from NAPA had a coil. Could this be the problem?