From: "Klebert L. Hall"
Subject: Re: IML: New Radio
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:15:50 -0400

> From: "Dennis"
> Subject: IML: Need to install a new radio
>
> I just bought a 67 Imperial and the original AM radio doesn't work. I'd =
> like to get a Am-FM with CD or CD changer installed with out cutting =
> the dash or the old radio location. Anyone install a newer radio under =
> the dash? Where did you mount the speakers? I'd like 4 but don't want =
> to cut the door upholstery or the rear window package shelf.

I usually remove the box from the glove
compartment, and hide the stereo in there.
If there are speaker cut-outs under the
parcel shelf, you can always mount the
spoeakers invisibly under there. If not, and
for the fronts, there are a lot of small
one-channel surface mount speakers out there
today that a car-stereo shop should be able to
wire up into a surround-type system while
keeping them inobvious.
-Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT -----------------
http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the