From: "richard burgess"
Subject: Re: IML: New Radio ---- iPod? fm conversion, source???????
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

I find this a bit confusing.  This is why I have not had my radio done yet.  Is the receiver and modulator for the ipod you mention something in addition to the radio or something that can be incorporated into an original?  I just didn't want to have to stash a cd player somewhere in the car if that was going to be obsolete by the time I get the car done.

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown

Phil Brust <pbrust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard-

When using an FM modulator with an iPod, you'll notice a significant
deterioration in sound quality...to a level slightly less than FM reception.
The best way to enjoy an iPod is with a receiver that accepts auxiliary
inputs. There are cables available that plug into the iPod output jack
(headphones) and terminate with left and right RCA jacks that plug into the
receiver.

The better FM modulators (Crutchfield is a good source) have a signal
sensing switch that turns the unit on and off depending on the presence of a
signal from your iPod. This allows you to wire it direct to a fused source,
fasten it up in the dash with Velcro, and forget about it.

Phil Brust
73 & 82 Imperial