From: baker-michaels@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Why choose Imperial over Caddy or Lincoln?

Actually I am truly tired of this thread, but the only reason to buy any car you buy is because it is what suits you. I happen to prefer Lincoln Continental over any luxury car, but, I have had Imperials of all vintages and they are incredible too, but Lincoln is what suits me better. I still own an 81 and an 83 Imperial which to me of the Luxury cars of the period were the nicest, but talk about troubled vehicles???????. My 69 Lincoln Continental Coupe, 4DR sedan, and Mark III are the most trouble free, smooth quiet, comfortable and powerful of any cars I have ever had. No Imperial is any better than any Lincoln or Cadillac if taken care of properly. It is just what suits the specific needs of the driver. I love them all Fomoco and Mopar preferably, but what works for me doesn't work for the next guy. Buy and enjoy what makes you happy and don't put down the others because they are not what works for you. Bob Baker

1957 Continental Mark II
1957 Thunderbird
1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2Dr, 4Dr, Sunliner, Ranchero, Country Squire
1963 Studebaker Hawk GT
1969 Continental Coupe, 4Dr, Mark III
1981and 83 Chrysler Imperial
and sold yesterday 1960 Imperial Crown Southampton 2Dr