From: fljoslin@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 6:20 AM
Subject: RE: IML: 'overdrive' details

I would change the gears in the Ram unless you really need them for towing.
A big part of the overdrive units as I recall is that effectively you go from a 3 speed to a 6 speed. This allows you to put higher numerical gears in your rear end (3.55 for example) for acceleration, but still get good highway mileage.