RE: IML: 11.00 x 14 ?

11:00 x 14's were last optional from the factory in
early 1959, before the changeover mid-year to 15"
wheels.  They ran at 16lbs(!) of air pressure and a
road test of the era with these tires found they gave
a pillowy ride, but were a little squirmy otherwise.
They certainly did no favors for handling.

With air suspensions being the rage in 1958, the big
thing for autos was a soft ride.  I suspect the
11:00x14 tires were specified as a companion option to
be used with Chrysler's rear air-assist suspension.
No doubt the plan was to get the Imperial's ride as
soft as a Cadillac on full air suspension.  (At least
when the Cadillac wasn't dead on the ground when all
the air leaked out!)

Chris H.