Heat riser/MikeP

> Oh.  Now I understand; the valve is actually there,
> you just don't have the
> spring and weight assembly to operate it.

I believe so, yes...if, also as I believe, the valve
is internal to the exhaust manifold.  I've seen these
things before, and it usually looks like a spring and
a counterweight mounted on the shaft.  I just don't
recall what direction they turn.

> I'll do the slither and bump tomorrow and let you
> know - off hand, I don't remember.

Thanks...though I can see mine from the top of the
engine compartment...I can even turn it with my
vice-grips from there.  So maybe you won't have to
bump your noggen and slither on your
holiday-goodness-filled stomach.  ;)

If I get ambitious, I may just weld a lever to the
shaft and hook it up to a cable that I can actuate
manually when cold.

--Mike

=====
--Mike Pittinaro