I DID SOMETHING VERY STUPID YESTERDAY.....I MESSED UPMY ENGINE

At 11:38 AM 1/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I PUT SOMETHING IN MY ENGINE...YESTERDAY NIGHT THAT IS MAKING MY ENGINE
>NOCK...LIKE MY VALVES.....I HAD A TUNE UP SUMMER OF 2000...HAVE NEVER HAD
>ANY ENGINE RELATED PROBLEMS...NOW MY VALVES R NOCKIN

What type of additive did you use?  What type of oil are you currently
using (make and vicosity)?  Is the engine an "old timer"? (ie it has not
been rebuilt for a long time and may have a lot of sludge in it?).  It is
possible that this "miracle additive" loosened some old crud and blocked an
oil passage, or even the oil pump pick up screen.  Do you have an idea of
the oil pressure, before and after?  If your stock gauge gives unreliable
readings, try to install a mechanical gage to see where the pressure is
standing.  It should be between 45 and 60 psi at 2000 rpm when hot
(depending on the regulator spring).

I would stay away from all these miracle oil additives out there.  Most of
them do more harm than good, and those that do no harm, rarely do any
good.  The oil companies formulate an additive package that is tested and
works well as is, as well as meets certain SAE standards.  If you add some
unknown additive, you don't know how it will react with the rest.  If you
really want a "miracle oil", just use a good synthetic.
D^2