embossed leather

> The seats are an original pattern, and as noted have
> been re-done but
> without the embossed crowns on the seat backs.

This saddens me, to know that reupholstering the seats
causes some loss in the car's original character.  My
'67 has these embossed crowns, and I think it is one
of the most distinctive things about the interior.  My
rear seat is in excellent shape, so I'm not too
worried about losing that, but the two front seats are
worn, ripped in places, and screaming for replacement.
 They are also very sun-dried, as is the top of the
rear seat backs.

I am loathe to replace them, because it will detract
from the car's originality.  I oil the leather and
massage it, but it doesn't get any better.

I think i can fix the cracks and tears with some glue,
replacement leather, and leatherique, but what to do
about the faded/dried leather on the top of the seat backs?

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

'Tis Christmas again
Have a happy holiday