single or dual carb setup

I'm not an engineer, so will rely on what Richard Langworth
has said about ram induction:

Engineers found it possible to calculate optimum intake
manifold lengths by using telescoping tubes and an engine
dynamometer, concentrating on the mid-range area of
2,000-3,500 rpm where they expected to reap performance
gains...  The smaller ram engines developed peak torque at
2,800 rpm, but shortening the inner tubes raised the peak to
3,600 rpm.

Placing carbs on the ends of the tubes gave a steady power
increase all along the torque curve, eliminating pulsation.
The side-mounted carburetors were incidentally quite easy to
work on, which left room for effective air cleaners under
lower hoodlines.

Every slant six has ram induction and they were proven over
twenty years of manufacture.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth,
'73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA