1967 Imperial With Removeable hardtop?

Ok, you guys are going to think I'm nuts asking a question like
this, and I probably am, but I'm going to ask it anyway.
I know in the late 70s American Sunroof Company (I think that's
what they were called) built a bunch of convertables out of cars
that were intended to be hardtops. I have never seen one of
their conversions, but I understand they were decent working
cars.

This brings me to my question, would it be possible to convert
my 1967 Imperial 4 door hardtop into a soft top car, or set it
up with a removeable hardtop?.

Did ASC have to re-enforce the frame under the floor a lot
before the took the roof off the cars? Is there a big difference
underneath between an imperial convertable, and an imperial
hardtop?

Is this impossible guys?

Tristan