1967 Imperial With Removeable hardtop?

Doing a convertible conversion is always a fabrication
problem because of strength reduction.  Even on a
frame car like my 57, removing the top will allow the
car to flex more than normal.  On 57 Convertibles the
frame has a large X member that is not present on the
2dr coupe.

You situation is even worse as the 67 is a unibody and
the roof is definitely part of the frame.  There is a
guy in Atlanta (drivers seat investments) that sells a
convertible conversion for early Mustangs.  Also
Unibody.  He spent a lot of time and money engineering
strengthing braces to change the hardtop 'frame' into
a convertible 'frame'.  Four doors is even worse.

Building a show car with a convertible or lift off
'carson' top is one thing but building a driver is
something else again.

Nothing is impossible Tristan but I'm not brave enough
to try it and I'm pretty brave when it comes to
fabrication.

Kerryp