92 is in garage-ABS ?

--- matthew Hopkins <mhoppy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My Question- The manual says the ABS makes the brake
> pedal vibrate and it
> does it, not necessarily when hard braking. It
> almost seems like this could
> be front Air suspension which I thought the car
> didn't have. (It has rear I
> know)  I will look for air in front, but is this the
> ABS and if so should it
> be making a noise and vibration for no hardbraking
> reason?

Matt,

Congratulations on your new Imperial!  While the
'90-'93 Imperials don't have the appreciation (yet)
that many of the older Imperials do, they are still
excellent cars, especially when considered in the
context of the time period they were produced.

At any rate, it soundse like your new Imperial may
simply have a front brake rotor that's out of round.
The ABS system will make the brake pedal vibrate, but
ONLY when the ABS system is activated (under hard
braking or conditions where one or more wheels slip or
skid).  Otherwise, you should feel no vibration.

A warped brake rotor will definitely cause a
vibration, especially under light braking conditions.
Fortunately, this problem is easily remedied by
"turning" the rotor or replacing it.  With milage as
low as you car has, I would expect there's plenty of
metal left to allow the rotor to be turned.

Best luck!

Elijah