1973 Headlight doors not working and Torsion bar adjusting

1973 Headlight doors not working and Torsion bar adjusting

Chad,
The buzzer is doing exactly what it's designed to do...warn you that
your headlight doors aren't open! (my 74 did exactly the same thing ) .
Since your doors operate with a nudge ,I'd rule out motor failure. It
sounds like the motor meeds to be removed and cleaned and lubricated
with new grease. Was it cold out when this happened? Maybe the grease
got a little too thick due to cold temperatures.
As for torsion bars...yes they sometimes break , but rarely . The
biggest problem with their adjustment in my opinion is the adjuster
bolts...these bolts have fine threads and can easily break ( again
happened on my 74 during alignment- and they never told me! I found the
damage myself while under the car later...It's still that way :(   )
Ensure these bolts have clean threads and some lube prior to the
procedure- other than that it's a fairly easy procedure .
Matt ( 74&75 Imperials, 77T&C, 85 Aries, 86 5th Ave)