100 octane in a 58 Imp ????

Already tried the Autolite thing (3 different heat ranges), the Champion
thing, the Bosch thing, the retarded timing thing. Actually spent 55
exhaustive hours on a chassis dyno logging and adjusting total advance with
a knock sensor and an exhaust gas analyzer. With this vehicle, Splitfires at
a .40 gap have the least amount of ping. Champions had the most amount of
ping. Ended up at 6 degrees BTC initial and 19 degrees total advance at an
early 1500 rpm. Logged 245 hp at the rear wheels @4200 rpm.

Also installed a Pertronix electronic ignition module and a 40,000 volt
coil.