need 94 octane in a 58 Imp ?

Hugh, I get 13.6-14.9 mpg on the highway at 70 mph depending on the terrain.
To my knowledge the engine has never been apart. I do suspect carbon buildup
as the culprit in enhancing the ping. See my previous post concerning the
lengths I have gone with timing, plugs, chassis dyno etc. Someday when I
rebuild the engine, I will use the 1957 9.25 to 1 compression pistons to
rectify the situation permanantly.