Dan: Go For It! (Was 'Just An Idea)

Dan,

You want to make a book from snaps on our site?  I say, "GO FOR IT!"

I once made a presentation board about Imperials.  I tried to include a
basic history of the make, and then pictures of each of the major phases of
the name plate' life.  I did this for my own benefit, and to show folks at
shows that my car was not a 'freak," but part of a long Mopar heritage.  As
often happens, someone liked it enough, so I gave it to him, and never re
did it.  (My 'basic history' exists on my own site, but I have seen better
versions around.)  I have thought about just such a book as you mention,
with representative pictures showing the cars' evolution.  If you can do a
better job than me, which will not be hard, then I for one would be
delighted to get one.  It could be made available through the web site's
"Fun Stuff" section.  You might even be able to interest a publisher in such
a book.  You never know.

I have an idea of creating an "Evolution of the Imperial" page for the web
site.  I'd take a thumb nail from each year and put them onto one page, with
maybe some very basic information about the cars that year.  The thumb nail
would lead a the bigger image.  It does not sound like much, but it will be
a whole heap of work and will be looked at by a very critical audience.  The
good news is I won't have to be creating any new images.

Just be confident about your idea and go for it.  Ain't nuthin' to it.

Hugh