My earlier 'Just an idea"

Melnik, Daniel T (Dan) wrote:

> Rodger & Gabby,
> I am not sure if you're saying not to bother with a booklette that includes
> the photos the IML has on the web site, or that this is already being done
> via the REALLY great calendar that i already had found on the site ( the
> calendar actually gave me the idea for asking regarding a book of some kind
> containing all the pictures currently on the IML).
> I know from experience how much time and effort goes into the
> design/layout/etc of something like Mitch's  2002 calendar. My intention was
> not to 'steal his idea' but rather to built upon what has already been
> started, and maybe take it a step further. There are sooooooo many pictures
> on the IML site I just tought it might be a good idea if someone got them
> all together in printed format and made it available to our members.
> However, if some of the IML's members feel I would be duplicating effort, or
> it would create ANY KIND of negative feelings I will simply forget the idea
> and just enjoy the pic's as our members make them available.
> I surely didn't mean to step on anyone's toes....sorry Guy's!
>  ....and sorry it sounds like you took my question as a knock against the
> great work that Mitch has done and I am sure will continue ...believe me, it
> was not intended as such. ( I have printed out my own copy of his calendar
> to date and have it above my desk at work - it has gotten a number of VERY
> positive comments from my fellow workers!!)...
> Anyway, I didn't mean to rattle any windows. I just thought it might be nice
> to have copies of all our Imperials in one printed location.
> Sorry all!
> Dan Melnik / dmelnik@xxxxxxxxxx

Dan,
  Please consider doing this project! I think it is a great idea that
could involve and benefit the ENTIRE group. There could be so many ways
to put this together, and I for one would be willing to help you with
this. I also do not have a scanner or digital camera yet, but they are
on my short list to acquire. I would like to see a short bio on the
cars, ie options, colors, trim, likes, dislikes, etc., as well as a
owner profile. Not all of us have been here since the start of this
group and we are all proud of our individual cars, periods of design
cycles, and those other factors that link all of us around one brand of
automobile. It does not make our choice better or worse than someone
elses and what better way to introduce one another than with a picture
of what brought us HERE in the first place. Bravo to you and I don't
think you owe anyone an apology for your idea. Lets hope it
happens.
Michael