From: Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Design Issues
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 04:58:48 EST

To say that I've bought the wrong car because I didn't like the position of
the rear view mirror is an insult. Our Imperials although almost perfect
cars
do have some design flaws, just as any other car will also have. Just
because
I pointed one out does not mean I should sell my car and buy a Caddy. I love
my car probably more than anyone else on this list loves theirs. Just
because
you love it doesn't mean you can't discuss it's flaws. The dash mounted rear
view mirror does greatly obstruct your forward right vision, but it is a
feature that was unique to these cars, and something I always thought was
very cool looking. It is also something I would never replace, nor did I
ever
say anything to the likes. I bought my Imperial because of all these little
cosmetic details, whether they be safe or not, after all back in the Fifties
they used to hang all kinds of stuff off the overhead mounted rearview
mirrors in other cars, so I guess no one was really concerned about maximum
visibility.
  While I am on design flaws, does anyone know how to check your
brake fluid level in a '59, without having to have two people pull back on
the bellows, while another takes the cap off.
Bill '59 Crown