To Hugh, a second 1959

Hello Hugh, The second 1959 Imperial I was thinking of is the one I've been posting on the list which is currently on the market. It is a real creampuff, which I heard had been stored for 28 years, and it looks like it. The paint is about the same as my '59, needing a repaint, but the interior is perfect, especially the dash, which is in sad need of repair in my car. Also the chrome is all like brand new, which my car needs a few large pieces re-chromed like the front and rear bumpers. My Nissan 300ZX is in very good running order at present time, having put in a new clutch and radiator this past year, but it is getting up there in miles, over 130,000. It is also very expensive to repair whenever anything goes wrong, and is just eeking by California's every two year smog checks. I bought it used in 1993, it is a 1991 model, for $20,000.00, and for about the last five years their price has stayed in the $12,000.00 area. Since I took out a loan to buy my '59 Imperial, I do not want to take out any new car loans, which is why the double Imperial idea struck me as attractive, and the parts from the one in better condition could be swapped out between the cars. The Nissan is getting up there in years, and wouldn't last a fourth of the time my Imperial has sitting out in a field somewhere, and I fear it's next big repair bill. It is the opposite of my Imperial, being very nimble, and tiny, but I enjoy driving my Imperial more. I have also quieted down the neighbors which I am pretty sure amounted to one, who thought they had a claim to a particular parking area. Give me your ideas, I like having two such different cars, but kind of like the idea of having two identical classics. Bill '59 Crown