[FWDLK] Build sheets,etc. 1938 engines

Charlie,
I once owned a '38 New York Special.  It had the large displacement, C20, engine, 323.5 ci and the C19 body.  The standard C19 engine was 298.7 ci.  The engine number was on a boss at the front of the engine, just below the head.  I don't remember which side, but it was easy to see so it must have been on the side opposite the manifolds. (Driver's side)  If your is a C19 with the C20 engine and not the NYS it cannot be the original engine as the NYS was the only C19 with the C20 engine.

The C23 is a 1939 323.5 ci engine.

Is yours a New York Special?  These are very rare, especially in a coupe.  Is your, by any chance, the '38 coupe (not NYS) shown on the 1938 Year by Year page,  that was for sale near Reno?

I beleive Jim Martin has the same, 323.5 ci, engine in his '39 Limo.

4 - Toes