vinyl tops need help

Kevin, I've got a good idea for you. I don't know what part of the country you live in, but if it's anywhere in the Southwest sun belt, I have never seen a decent vinyl top, since the sun dries them out so quickly. My 1959 Imperial came with a factory textured vinyl top in the landau section. It is really quite unique, and after 43 years only had some slight oxidation on both edges of the roof. All I had to do is sand it off, mask it, and spray it with black trim paint, which is semi-gloss, and it looks like brand new vinyl, without all the hassles. You may want to do the same on your car. You can buy the textured paint at most home centers, simply find something that most closely resembles vinyl, put it on then paint over it with a semi-gloss paint color of your choice. Vinyl is not something I feel should be on the outside of a car due to the exposure to the elements, but if you want the look, this is a great, and maintenance free way to get it !
Bill '59 Crown