vinal tops/ need help

>I sanded all the rust off until there was nothing but shinny metal, I
>applyed rust killer, then I gave it a couple of coats of grey
>primer.  Looks nice,
>
>Im gonna put a white top on, i have a 1971 Imperial,

On my cars that had vinyl tops I usually strip the vinyl, prep the metal
area and PAINT the area rather than re-installing vinyl. Paint is WAY
cheaper, looks good, lasts longer and is EASY to do yourself (since you've
already done the hard part... getting rid of the rust). Also, paint won't
contribute to the return of the rust under vinyl. Not as big a problem here
in Arizona, but I know in other areas of the country a vinyl top is a
breeding ground for major rust.