'72 Imperial AutoTemp; was A/C parts help please!

--- 72.lebaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Any idea where I can get this "black box" or is it
> possible to retrofit the
> AutoTemp system to a manual control system?

The "black box" is the power servo unit, the heart and
brains of the AutoTemp II system.

You'll find good information on this item, including
an excellent source for an aluminum-bodied
replacement, at
http://w3.one.net/~desoto/AutoTemp/autotemp.html.

The AutoTemp II system was used from 1971 to 1973.
The AutoTemp II power servo unit also appeared on '70s
Mercedes cars with an automatic climate control
system.

Please note that the AutoTemp II system used on
1974-75 Imperials (and '74-'78 New Yorkers) was
actually more of an AutoTemp III system, and used a
different control module.

Best luck!

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron
(3) 1971 Imperial LeBarons (2 with AutoTemp II)