Carb jitters

Hi,

I have been having some minor problems with my carb on a retrofitted '83.

It is the factory Carter BBD, 8381S, 2bbl.  I rebuilt it about 5 years ago.
Now I'm starting to get a lot of stumbling on acceleration, especially when
cold.  Not too bad when warmed up.

I tried Dick Benjamin's trick of slowly moving a piece of cardboard over the
intake and lo and behold when the carb was about 7/8ths blocked off, the rpms
increased about 50 and the idle smoothed out.

I have checked all the rubber hoses (I think) and they seem to be fine.  Any
ideas where else the leak could be?  I was thinking of re-tightening all the
carb screws and mounting bolts.

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

'83 Imp, beige, wire wheels, factory carb.

P.S.  Will it hurt anything to add some (blue grade) thread-locker to the
carb screws?