79/80 St.Regis/New Yorker Dash

Yes, only the Imperial had electronic read-out gauges.  But, when discussing
if one fits or not, the New Yorker/ St.Regis/ Gran Fury dashboard is
physically bigger than the Imperial / Cordoba / Mirada unit.  If you want to
take the whole unit and interchange, you will need to use the Cordoba /
Mirada unit as it will fit the Imperial.   The St.Regis, et al. dash is just
too wide for the Imperial body.

As for clusters, the Imperial dash is unique, and I do not believe the
instrument cluster of either the "R" or "J" will fit.  The cluster of the
"R" may fit the "J" (they do look similar), but the dash housing of the
Imperial is different,  On the "R" dashboard, the instrument cluster housing
is separate from the centre panel with the radio and AC/heat controls.  The
dash housing physically separates the two, which probably accounts for the
extra width in the dash.

The "J" body dash does not have the divider section, same as the Imperial.
But the "J" and "Y" do not share housing parts, with the "J" using part #
P431TC7 and the "Y"  using part # P424VC7.   I suspect the differences have
to do with the electronic vs. non-electronic instrument layout, with each
needing different support pieces.  Also, the surround bezels are different,
with the Imperial having a one piece set-up and the Cordoba/Mirada having a
multti-section set-up.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

> Isn't this New Yorker dash the same as the 80-83 Cordoba/Mirada dash?  The
Imperial was all electronic read-outs, not the analog gauges that the
Cordoba/Mirada/New Yorker/St. Regis had.  I don't think that these New
Yorkers ever had digital read-outs.