importing a 77 NYB

I delivered a car to British Columbia two years ago and can
verify:

[1]  There is a duty, tax, or whatever you want to call it,
imposed by Canadian customs.  There's no lower limit on
this.

[2]  There is no extra charge for air conditioning.

[3]  The U.S. desires to impound cars for 72 hours [three
days] but the Canadians don't necessarily care.  In our case
the Canadians rushed me through before the U.S. could come
over to sieze the car.  It's merely a "gentleman's
agreement" that the U.S. imposes in order to deter
international car theft.  You don't need to stop at U.S.
Customs to get into Canada.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth,
'73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA