Nasty replies

I agree with the Imp. Cops that people are getting too negative on this list.
I do not post here unless I am truly looking for an answer about something on
my 1959 Imperial, and although it was a subject I decided to drop sometime
ago, I still get replies with negative feedback about the Chevy alternator I
had installed in my Imperial. Sometimes I feel like I have been black listed
just because I made this improvement to my Imperial, which by the way is
doing fantastically. I have since installed an overflow canister which was
definitely something not on the '59, and heard nothing about it. Even the
mechanic I bring my Imperial to is being attacked, and he probably knows more
about cars than anyone on this list, since he works on only classics, but
also builds and races funny cars. He will also only work on American made
cars, and they have to be old. In this day and age, there really is no longer
Chrysler, Ford, and G.M. Chrysler now partners with Mercedes, Ford partners
with Jaguar, and I forget who G.M is partnered with, and I don't really
understand how all the business relationships work out. My point is, cars are
cars, and no matter which parts you use to keep them running, best of luck to
you. Do I really care if a Chevy alternator is going to hurt the resale value
of my Imperial? In the first place, I wouldn't have bought a 1959 Imperial if
I were worried about resale, since I know I will never get out of it what I
put in. In the second place, a 1959 Imperial certainly has an extremely
specific market which makes it hard to sell at best. Finally in the third
place, I never intend to sell my 1959 Imperial. It has been my childhood
dream machine, and now that I've finally got one, I have no intention of
letting it go. I just want to drive and enjoy it as much as I can, in the
mean time showing at least Southern California what beautiful cars were
turned out back then!
Bill '59 Crown