68 and 67 starting, redux

This thread about how to start one's Imperial
generated quite a bit of interest.  Let me add an
interesting anecdote:

Today, in the 2 hours of daylight between "getting
home from work" and "sun goes down" I was checking out
my '67 to ensure a safe and happy trip to Cincinnati
this weekend.  Its about 500 miles each way, according
to Mapquest.

Anyway, I popped the air cleaner, and what to my
wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature choke
pulloff rod, dissattached from its lever.  (Hey, that
about rhymed!)

I reattached it, tightened the clip, and tried to
start using an aforementioned technique:  One full
depression of the gas pedal, hold it 1/3 down, and
crank.  Instantly the engine sprang to life and idled
flawlessly.  And, it had not been started in a week,
plus it was facing uphill.

In other interesting news, the Supra rotors are still
looking good after a thousand miles or so of service;
also, I tightened the front anti-sway bar and replaced
a bushing in the steering mechanism, that had been
allowing about an inch and a half (!) of play in the
front wheels, due to its absence.

For my trip, i was initially going to wind my way east
from Washington, D.c through west virginia into
southern Ohio, but due to time constraints I think the
trip there will be conducted slightly further north,
through PA and highways.  On the way home I might take
the more scenic route, however.  We'll just have to
see...

If anyone sees a weathered charcoal '67 4 door hardtop
on the roads tomorrow, wave!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome