25k mile 59 coupe on ebay

>Not to add fuel to the flames, but it is a Custom, not a Crown.

Good points Robert.  I had noticed that it was a custom and not a crown but you are correct.. The leather looks "right" (probably original" but the cloth doesn't look like anything I have seen in any of my brochures.  There should be a power lock switch visible on the passenger side door.  Deceptive advertising?  He says '59 was the first year, not that the car has them.  The door panels also look to have been recovered (incorrectly?)

I can understand the engine needing to be rebuilt after 25K.  With that low mileage it probably sat for many years and the engine could have been locked up or had other problems.  My '59 only has 64K on it but after sitting 30 years without being properly prepared the engine was toast.

Regardless the mileage I would think this car would be a good deal up to around 10K assuming that interior cloth could have come in an Imperial originally.

               Steve B.