Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 82 Imp EFI won't start/run

Paul:

Welcome to the club.  There are a lot of people on the list that can help with your non-running 82.  They were invaluable when I got my 82 Frank Sinatra ed. running again two years ago.

Can you give us some background about the car:
-you said you put in fresh gas.  Was the car sitting unused for a long time? How long?
-did you replace fuel filters?
-when you start do you hear the in-tank fuel pump whining in the trunk?
-were you sure to replace the gasket on the air cleaner cover when you took it off?

I think we are sometimes quick to conclude it's an EFI problem before looking at simpler issues.  Do you have the factory service manuals?  There is a list of basic visual checks on page 14-96.

By now Dick Benjamin probably has posted the solution to your problem.  He's the guru on these vehicles.  Keep us posted.