Home from Chattanooga meet

Just made it home a few minutes ago from the most fabulous Chattanooga meet this weekend.

I put a little over 1500 miles on the car with only one minor incident.  On the way up Friday night I shredded a fan belt around 1:30 in the morning.  That pretty much grounded me until the next morning when I was able to get a replacment so I spent Friday night in the parking lot of a truck stop in East *ell Ga.  Don't really know why it happened...  The belt was new and all the pulleys are lined up correctly and free.  Replacment belt now has over 1k on it and still looks brand new. The rest of the trip up and the return trip home were mechanically uneventful.  All the hours on the road have helped give me a more directed priority list for future repairs.  Replacment bushings for the steering have moved way up to the top of the list!

I hope that many list members will be able to attend these events in the future.  Lots of beautiful cars and great people.  I won't go into detail (since I am sure pics and storys will be available soon) but the highlights of my trip were getting to ride in the rear facing seat of a beautiful 1960 New Yorker Wagon and driving a '65 300 convertible on the country roads Saturday night.  Many fabulous Imperials were there and even a few elegant New Yorker's.  I was able to ride in a fabulous '62 several times and now have added that model to my "must have" list.  Thanx to everyone that was able to attend and especially the Soule's and Scott's  for all the good food and great meeting place they provided.

                  Steve B.