69 factory paint

TL,

Your car is painted A4 Platinum Metallic.  It was not aquamarine or any
other green color originally.  The silver paint of that era does change
color with age and that is what happened to your car.  It's largely why
I passed on buying it a couple of years ago.  IIRC there was one
resprayed area on the car; maybe the RF fender -- I'm not positive.
Otherwise the paint was original.  I had the car on a lift and
scrutinized it for more than an hour, removing wheels, the back seat,
etc. and taking dozens of photographs while the owner watched.  The
paint has a greenish tinge everywhere, and I mean where the sun don't
shine, too.

I have corresponded with the owner of an A4 platinum 70 LeBaron with 2Xk
original miles.  He stated that his car also has a greenish tinge.

As I looked at what was to become your car I realized that I wouldn't be
able to live with the car the way it was.  With a black interior it
would have been fine.  But the clash between the greenish gray paint and
turquoise interior was too much for me. see link

http://www.bos-engel.com/temp/inside_s.jpg

I realized that I would have to do one of the following things (in no
particular order of likelihood):

1) replace complete turquoise interior with black leather interior.
2) repaint car in silver.
3) repaint car white and install white vinyl top.

None of the options sounded good to me for a 12k original mile car so
the paint situation did affect the car's value as far as I was
concerned.  I could have bought that car for less than it will cost to
get body and paint done well on my 70 LeBaron but passed with regrets.

Pete