1965 LeBaron

Hello-

I'm fairly new to the list and really enjoying it.  Who would have thought
that there were so many other Imperial nutcases like me out there?

I've recently acquired a 65 LeBaron 4 door (green, no vinyl top).  In late
1997/early 1998,  the PO invested buckets of $$$ in the car including a
complete engine/tranny rebuild, reworked the suspension and brakes, new
tires, new Deltron paint, rebuilt the AC system, new headliner and carpet.
Although purists will be alarmed, the car is interesting because he
installed a very nice '66 dash (he tells
me he did this because he liked the full walnut trim - so do I).  He also
pulled the front and rear seats and installed a black leather set from a '66
(with the Imperial logo stitched in the leather seat backs) - also in great
condition.  She's a beauty, 99.99% complete, and runs like a top.  Sold new
in Stockton, CA and has the original black California plates.

I think he lost interest after that.  The car sat largely unused since that
time and
was rarely driven, until now.

Although there is some minor oxidation in the paint from sitting out here in
the California sun (looks like it's going to come out), a thin layer of
dusty grime everywhere and some very minor chrome pitting here and there,
she is quickly coming back to life.  Everything works.  New fluids, belts,
hoses, a
tune up and a lot of detailing elbow grease have worked wonders.

But I'm stuck on a couple of minor cosmetic items.  I've been prowling for
these without much success and thought maybe someone on the list might be
able to help.

First, she is missing her radio (although the previous owner did install a
new power antannae - go figure).  It would need to fit the '66 dash.  Right
now the dash reminds me a little bit of a beautiful woman who is missing her
front teeth.

Second, the trunk lid "LeBaron" script has the n broken off and reads
"LeBaro".

Lastly, the chrome interior strip that trims out the headliner and runs on
the passenger side from front to back just over the windows isn't responding
to cleaning (pitted), no matter how much I curse at it.

I've checked the classifieds, eBay and other resources I can find without
luck so far.  Anyone out there have these things laying around in the corner
of your garage somewhere or can maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Michael Ulander
1965 LeBaron
Castro Valley, CA  (SF Bay Area)