1965 LeBaron

Dear Michael,

Congrats on your new Imperial.  Sounds terrific.

Regarding the parts you are looking for:

-- the "leBaron" script like yours was used for many
years - 1965-68 I believe.  Donors are out there
beyond the 1965 model year.

-- The radio is more difficult.  But again, they are
out there.  Interestingly enough the AM-FM units in
1964 Imperials (and 1965, I think) were the same as in
my 1964 Riviera.  I found my 1966 AM/FM unit at a swap
meet like Pomona.

-- The interior chrome trim around your windows will
be the easiest to find.  It is the same from 1964-66
on both 2-door and 4-doors.  Much of it also
interchanges with 1960-63 4 doors, too.

There are several salvage yards down through central
California (Rt 99) with Imperials of your era.  If you
ever get to Phoenix, the Hidden Valley & Desert Valley
yards have plenty of these cars with many intact trim
pieces.

Good luck with finishing the final details on your
car.

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 Crown Convertible