Carlisle notes and questions

Good Morning All,
       Just got up from a good night's sleep after returning from Carlisle late last night.  What a great show.  The down side of working in the car hobby is working at the larger shows, so I didn't get to meet as many folks as I had hoped.  Robert Soule, Elijah Scott, Kerry Pinkerton, and Mark Harris dropped by the booth a few times so we could chit-chat, and let me know about the group photo at 11am.

       I was summarily chewed out by my booth-host for sprinting out at 10:59 (the busiest part of the day) but was tickled to get into the group shot, and see some of the cars.  The Imperial turnout was nothing short of phenominal.  I took a few minutes to drool over most of the cars, my favorite probably being the drop-dead gorgeous red '62 Convertible.  I also enjoyed seeing the (50?) earlier car, a vintage to which I'd never really paid much attention before.  Very Cool.

       My hat is off to those with the fortitude to drive or trailer their car to this event.  As beautiful a venue as Carlisle is, it doesn't seem that there is a good way to get there.  Living in relatively flat Michigan, my ride through the mountains is "white-knuckle" at the very least, even in my trusty Ram Pickup.  Whenever I have thoughts of driving (or worse, trailering) a car to Carlisle, I have to remind myself of A) the ever-present construction on the turnpike, complete with what appear to be about 96" wide lanes, B) the heavy truck traffic, and C) the twisting, winding hills.  I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.  An experience like John Corey's would have had me on the passenger floor in the fetal position!!!

       I commend those intrepid souls (and Soules lol ) who made the show a pleasure for the rest of us!  I am bound and determined to take in one of the regional Imperial gatherings, provided I can drive there without traveling on the PA Twist-and-Turnpike.  :)

       Now a couple of quick questions... how do I get copies of the group pictures, and did someone mention IML shirts???

Thanks,
Steve Charette
Imperial Services
www.imperialservices.net