Please Welcome Ken Leighton

New Subscriber(s): Ken Leighton
Email Address is: kenleighton@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Southern California

Car(s) owned: 1954 Imperial Town Limo (Black with Green Wool Interior one of
85 made), 1955 Newport Coupe (Canyon Tan with White top and White/Canyon Tan
interior) and 1964 Ghia Limo (Black with Gray wool/Black leather interior,
one of 10 made)

Self-Introduction: Hi,
I have been into cars for all my life. I restored my first car when I was 13
and by 16 had finished three cars. I became interested in Chrysler products
when I purchased my 50 Town and Country Newport in the late 80's. I have
owned many different models but always am interested in the low production
vehicles that were offered. I live in California and attend many car shows
and see the usual Ford and Chevy offerings by the ton. I am not interested
in the main streem cars that seem to excite most people. When I show up at
one of these events in one of my Chrysler products most people cannot say
that they have ever seen one. My cars are usually the only one of their
kind. My main interest is in Imperials and New Yorkers of the mid fifties to
the mid sixties. I have ten of these and also have a 58 and 59 Mercury Park
Lane and a 65 Thunderbird Special Landau. I collect the most original cars
that I can find usually with very low mileage. Lucky for me I live in
California and can enjoy these cars very often. I do
ucky not to have to find someone to work on my cars. My rarest cars have to
be the 54 Imperial Town Limo, 85 produced and my 64 Ghia Limo with only 10
produced. I have three 61 New Yorkers, a completely restored two door, an
original four door hardtop with 45,000 miles and a wagon that needs
restoration but was a custom ordered car with unusual options and
construction codes. My other cars are a 50 Town and Country, 57 300C Coupe,
80 New Yorker Fifth Avenue SE (386 produced) and 96 Dodge Indy 500 Pace
Truck that I purchased new. I have had over 500 cars in my collecting
history and have enjoyed every one. I can't wait for the next adventure I
will go on looking at something that someone has told me about. That is what
the hobby is all about.
Ken