Chrysler Imperial

--- Bill Watson <wwatson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By the way, your 1967 Imperial IS a C body - the
> first year.   Beneath that
> gorgeous sheetmetal is a Chrysler New Yorker with a
> longer snoot.  The extra
> 3" in wheelbase of the 1967-1973 Imperial is in the
> engine compartment.

Oddly enough, I often hear the same thing about my '71
Imperials.

However, I helped someone completely dismantle a '71
New Yorker a few years ago, and I can tell you that my
Imperial most definitely is NOT just a New Yorker with
a longer snoot.  This unfortunate myth simply isn't
true.

Even the body shells, which do look similar at a
cursory glance, will NOT interchange without some
modification.  If anyone is really bored, I can give a
detailed list of specifics.  The same is true for the
'67-'68 Imperials.  Have a look at a parts catalog
sometime, and notice the very different numbers listed
for almost everything in the Imperial column.

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1970 Imperial LeBaron
(3) 1971 Imperial LeBarons